Below you can find some data sources that were really helpful for my research, categorized by papers:
- Dynamics in Gun Ownership and Crime – Evidence from the Aftermath of Sandy Hook:
- NICS Firearm Background Checks: Monthly numbers of federal background checks for firearm purchases for all states.
- Google Trends: Returns a relative and standardized number of Google search queries for a specific term.
- FBI Uniform Crime Reports: Monthly crime counts for several types of crimes across the United States
- National Incident-Based Reporting System: Detailed crime data for each incident, but much lower coverage than the Uniform Crime Reports