Much of my research is concerned with how bounded rationality influences policy-relevant decisions, for example in areas such as gun violence, or racist attitudes. Additionally, I am very interested in decision-making under risk and behavioral determinants of financial decision making. I furthermore study how incentives change behavior in creative work environments.
- Unleashing Animal Spirits: Self-Control and Overpricing in Experimental Asset Markets (with Martin Kocher and Konstantin Lucks, Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming , online appendix, data)
- Risk, Time Pressure, & Selection Effects (with Martin Kocher, Stefan Trautmann, and Yilong Xu, Experimental Economics, Vol. 22(1), March 2019, pp. 216-246 , data & supplemental materials)
- Overpricing and Stake Size: On the Robustness of Results from Experimental Asset Markets (with Martin Kocher and Peter Martinsson, Economics Letters, Vol. 154, May 2017, pp. 101-104)
- Impulse Purchases, Gun Ownership and Homicides: Evidence from a Firearm Demand Shock (with Christoph Koenig, CentER Discussion Paper 2018-043, submitted).
This paper supersedes “Gun Ownership and Crime – Evidence from the Aftermath of Sandy Hook”, Bristol Economics Working Paper)
Nominated for the 2019 CESifo Distinguished Young Affiliate Award in Public Sector Economics
Winner of the Econometric Society’s European Meeting Best Paper Award 2017
- Shocking Racial Attitudes: Black GIs in Europe (with Mark Westcott, CESifo Working Paper, under revision)
Winner of the Best Paper Award at the 2018 Young Economists’ Meeting in Brno
Winner of the Econometric Society’s European Meeting Best Paper Award 2018
- Incentivizing Team Performance in Non-Routine Analytical Team Tasks – Evidence from a Field Experiment (with Florian Englmaier, Stefan Grimm, and Simeon Schudy, CRC TRR 190 Working Paper, CESifo Working Paper, under revision)
Companion Papers to Computer Programs
- muCap: Connecting FaceReader™ to z-Tree (with Leonard Doyle, Munich Discussion Paper, under revision)
Retired Working Papers
- The Incentive Effects of Uncertainty in Tournaments (with Rudi Stracke, Working Paper)